Sunday, April 4, 2010

Non smoking restaurants

Here in Pittsburgh they%26#39;re passing new laws to have all restaurants be non smoking. What are the laws in Myrtle Beach? Are there any places that are non smoking? (Not including bars)





We personally prefer to dine where we don%26#39;t have to breathe smoke. Non smoking areas are good too, but they always seem to have you walk through the smokers to get there or sit you right next to the smokers so even if you are in a non smoking area it still stinks.





Not trying to stir up the temper of the smokers out there. I just love the clean ';fresh air'; of the beach.





Any comments?



Ron



Saxonburg, PA



Non smoking restaurants


South Carolina is very smoker-friendly: other than in government workplaces, schools, and cultural/recreational facilities, there are no state mandates covering restaurants %26amp; bars (or private workplaces, stores, etc.).





Most restaurants bars in the MB area permit smoking in designated areas, a few are smoke-free but it%26#39;s up to each establishment to set their own policy.





SC has the lowest cigarette tax in the US (just .07 per pack compared to the nationalaverage of nearly $1.00)





The Carolinas have long been the epicenter of the cigarette industry %26amp; as such will probably be the last holdouts to crack down on smokers.



Non smoking restaurants


Correct, you will find few totally smoke free locations. I am a non-smoker, hate smoke, hate being subjected to it while I eat, but it is a fact of life here. Charleston I believe is discussing Non-smoking, but there is a lot of resistance to it. You won%26#39;t find a bar, that I know of, that is non-smoking, wish we could. We love night life and that is just a part of it. Maybe MB Conceirge knows of some place, I would like to know myself.




I know that there are others out there, but I do know for sure that Liberty Tap Room and Grille (not the one at Broadway at the Beach, but the one on Kings Hwy just past 76th Ave N) is totally non-smoking inside...they do have a fantastic outdoor beer garden that does allow smokers, but with the fans going and being outside, you really dont notice it...the inside bar and the restaurant are smoke free!





I do think the City Bar across the street is also non-smoking...but I do think they have cigar nights...so be sure to ask!





:)




Speaking of Liberty, I just heard they have couponless 2-fer-1 dinners on Thursday nights...might check it out tonight. (Not sure how long this is good for but I%26#39;d guess it%26#39;s only a winter special.)




They do! That special runs until the end of the month (Jan) so take advantage tonight! T-Bonz (all locations) also runs 2 for 1%26#39;s the month of January...I think on Mondays and Wednesdays....HOB does this too...not sure on which day of the week. Fire Island Grill (great little place up in Barefoot Landing) offers 2 for 1%26#39;s on Tuesdays during Feb. I%26#39;m sure there are a numrber of others...so check the local paper. Thats why its a great time to live or vacation here...some great deals on dining and the price of accomodations are more than reasonable!





:)




Yep, T-Bonz is Tuesday nites, 4pm-close.





We did got to Liberty Taproom last night...it was packed...what a huge place! Enjoyed it BUT...I had the Jambalaya %26amp; spouse had the Shrimp Diablo....I think they should put little fire extinguisher symbols next to those two entrees on the menu....WHOEEE...had flames coming out of our mouths, and this morning, the flames have moved a little further south!





Loved the place, though, the outside area is VERY well heated (I think it was warmer out there than inside!)




LOL!!! My hubby really enjoys the Jambalaya --- but I think he goes thru a pitcher or two of water while he%26#39;s eating! Maybe they do that to sell more beer?? LOL





I stick with the ';calmer'; entrees...I love the meatloaf sandwich...and the bleu cheese potato chips! Yum!





:)

No comments:

Post a Comment